Please follow the procedures listed below in applying for Options for Knowledge schools and programs:
If you have not received a letter within two weeks of these dates, contact the Office of Academic Enhancement at (773) 553-2060.
- To apply to most schools, complete the STANDARD application. The Standard Application may be downloaded and printed from this website under "APPLICATION MATERIALS." You may also obtain the application from the Office of Academic Enhancement at (773) 553-2060. To apply to more than one school, copy the application as needed and submit one application per student, per school. BECAUSE ACCEPTANCE IS NOT GUARANTEED, you are encouraged to apply to all of the schools in which you are interested. There is no limit to the number of schools to which you may apply. Send the application directly to the school(s) to which you are applying.
- Do not use the standard application for the following schools/programs:
A Gifted and Enriched Academic Programs (GEAP) application is required for these schools. You may download and print the GEAP application from this website under "APPLICATION MATERIALS." You may also obtain the application from any of the GEAP schools, or from the Office of Academic Enhancement at (773) 553-2060. DO NOT PHOTOCOPY the GEAP application. You only need one application per child.
- Regional Gifted Centers
- Classical Schools
- Academic Centers
- International Baccalaureate Preparatory Program
- A scannable, four-page application is required for Selective Enrollment High Schools and Military Academies. You may obtain this application from any Selective Enrollment High School or Military Academy, any public elementary school, or the Office of Academic Enhancement at (773) 553-2060.
- Other high schools may require separate applications that may only be obtained from the high school. These are indicated in the Options for Knowledge guide.
- All applications must be postmarked no later than DECEMBER 19, 2008.
- Please print clearly or type the application information.
- If you are applying to schools that require testing, you will be contacted regarding testing dates, times, and locations.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- If you wish to be notified when your application is received, please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard. Be sure to write the name of the school on the card. If you do not receive your postcard within two weeks, contact the school (for Standard Applications) or the Office of Academic Enhancement (for GEAP applications for grades K-4).
- Notification letters will be mailed according to the schedule below:
|All high schools:
||February 20, 2009|
|Elementary magnet schools:
||March 16-20, 2009|
|Magnet cluster and open enrollment schools
||March 16-20, 2009|
|Regional Gifted Centers, Classical Schools,
Academic Centers & IB-Prep Programs:
|March 20, 2009|